Monday, September 16, 2013

Eldar Alaitoc Fire Prism (Step By Step)

 Start off with a nice clean white primer.  I like to use P3 spray primer.  I also like to use a hemostat to hold it so I can get every angle needed.
 The Yellow bands are sketched out with pencil for guidlines.
 Altdorf Guard Blue for the majority of the tank basecoat with Sunburst/Flash Gitz Yellow for the bands.  I have two coats of the blue here.  It doesn't have to be perfect and looks better if it isn't as you'll see later on.
 The shading stage.  Drakenhof for the blue and Reikland for the yellow.  I go heavy on both and with the variations on the blue basecoat it helps give it a quasi mottled look already.
 I hit up access areas and few other spots with Ushabti.  This is where I also did the stripling for the black on blue.  It's a fast process and I like to smear it a bit with my thumb to get a smoother transition.
 Hit up the cracks between the armor plates with black then line edge those cracks with Thunderhawk Blue.  I also edge the yellow back with the base color.  The bone areas are hit with some Devlan Mud.
 Gem first step is a nice Mephiston Red basecoat.
 Next up is an angled swipe of Blazing Orange on the bottom.
 A shade of Nuln Oil.
 Some 'ardcoat finish to help add some gloss and accentuate the colors under the shade.
 A small white dot at the top to finish it off.
I larger shot of the finished model.  I plan on doing another Fire Prism post with more finished product photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment