Monday, December 9, 2013

Eldar Alaitoc Lynx Super Heavy Tank









As you can see I finished the Lynx today.  I cannot convey how much I love this model.  It's a great mix between the big super heavies like the Cobras and Scorpions and the smaller Falcon chassis tanks.  I decided to go with the Pulsar over the Sonic Lance.  I have the lance barrel plus power pack for the back so if a swap in needed in the future it wont be too difficult.

The scheme is standard, but with some minor changes.  The front stripes are the same as my Scorpion II, but I decided to do some different back stripes.  I though that this model looks so much more different than anything else I have.  Well not hugely different, but when it comes to Eldar aesthetics any changes are big.  

Getting a flight base on this beast was a bit difficult.  In standard Forge World fashion they designed the thing to use a standard GW flight base.  Of course that is wildly impractical and wouldn't even work once, let alone multiple uses.  I used a similar technique that I did on my Scorpion, but used the GW flight base instead of making one out of hardboard.  So far so good.

2 comments:

  1. Very nice work, man! Really enjoying seeing all the Alaitoc tanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I have a 4th Wave Serpent to do completely and then i'll be finished with the tanks I own. I think I might buy a Shadow Weaver next. I'll try to get a group pic of all of them together soon. It looks rather impressive.

      Delete