Wednesday, April 5, 2017

Astra Militarum Leman Russ Vanquisher

 Hey look! There's another tank.  A real one this time.  No weak open top indirect fire deal this time, the real thing.  An honest to god armored vehicle with a big ass gun.
As you can see from the pics, what we have here is an Astra Militarum Leman Russ Vanquisher. This guy, in addition to rocking the big gun up top, has a forward mounted Las Cannon and no sponsons.  Apparently that's a good way to run it to shave some points off.  I don't really know, I just paint them.

Color scheme wise it's the same as the Wyvern.  I didn't really make any changes or additions.  That allowed me to knock this guy out in 2 sittings.  Now that I have the technique down, these tanks are super easy to do.  If you want to know specific colors or techniques go look at the Wyvern post.

I'd like to talk about the model though.  I was kinda impressed with it.  This is the same Leman Russ chassis that has been around since I started 40k 20 years ago.  It's plain and simple and I think that's why it has such a nice longevity.  I really don't see any need to ever update it.

I took a decent selection of models to paint up in the coming weeks.  In addition to the Vanquisher, there's a Valkyrie, Stormsword, Sentinel and a standard Leman Russ.  I really want to dig into the Stormsword and who wouldn't?  It had to be completely broken down and stripped though.  I don't understand people who buy $140 kits and treat them like shit.







No comments:

Post a Comment