Thursday, January 29, 2015

Harlequin Death Jester





So the new Harlequin Codex/Supplement/dataslate/whatever they end up calling it has got me stoked.  Harlequins where really my first army in 40k.  I was an Eldar player, but the first real force that I look the field with were the murder clowns.  With the leaks already, I feel they are getting the attention I think they deserve.  I know I cannot wait until I get my hands on that new Solitaire.  On to the model.

This is one of the three old style Death Jesters.  The original boxset from GW came with 16 models, three of which were Death Jesters.  This one is easily my favorite.  I used this model as an exarch for years during 2nd ed when he wasn't in my Harlequin force.  For a model from 1989, I think it really holds up and definitely still inspiring the current sculpt. 

These were some of the first diamonds I have done in some time.  I think they came out well.  I spent a bit more time than in the past and I think the finished product shows that.  I kept the rest of the model very dark.  I changed up some colors than my traditional Eldar scheme.

I have a whole mess of Harlequins on my table right now.  If Harlequins get new Jetbikes, I think my head will explode. I haven't pre-ordered anything from GW since 8th edition fantasy rulebook.  Eldar Harlequins will reset that clock.

No comments:

Post a Comment