Monday, July 7, 2014

Eldar Shadow Spectre Exarch


I got this Exarch and a 5 man squad awhile ago, but just now finishing up the Exarch.  Really, the biggest hurdle was dealing with the model itself to prepare it for painting.  Working with resin has it's upsides and downsides.  Now that the model is finished it's really nice.  Especially when you consider that this model would be almost unusable if it were done in metal.  You really have to keep that in mind when dealing with the warping and flash removal.  I also chose not to add all the extra streamers to this model.  I honestly just do not like them.  I might add some here and there for the standard squadies, but that's further down the road seeing as I have zero plans on every actually running these in a game.

I kinda feel that the wraithbone overshadows the paint job, but I also feel the contrast between it and the white/blue armor is nice.  The cloth hanging down I feel came out real well and provides another color contrast.

No comments:

Post a Comment