Sunday, March 8, 2015

Harlequin Starweaver

Starweaver number one is finally finished.  This model took way longer than I thought, but I feel the time investment was worth it.















To say this model took some time is an understatement.  I'm not sure on exact man-hours, but this model took quite a bit of it.  It feels great that it's done, but knowing that I have two more to do is a bit disheartening.  I did get a great feel of the model though.  The next one and definitely the third will go much quicker.  

The color selection is the exact same as my previous Skyweaver and Troupe units.  The red and blue seem to blend well with the black and the yellow is a nice change of pace.  Of any of the previous models, this one has a lot more wraithbone.  A good chunk of the bottom is wraithbone, that combined with the cannons and a few splashes here and there provide a similar role as the yellow.

Nothing crazy new on the painting technique side of things.  I continued the two tone highlight style I started with the Skyweavers.  As my buddy Justin puts it, "it makes things look literally sharp". 

I choose to keep the other crewman off this time.  I was toying with the idea of different paint schemes for each vehicle, but I felt that uniformity was more important than individual style in this case.  I feel the variety of the Players was enough in army as a whole.  I decided to achieve differentiation through crewmen choices and positioning. 

Tomorrow could see the finishing of Skyweaver number two.  It's only a few hours from completion.  I also have assembly for the two reaming Starweavers.  I am seriously considering painting both at the same time.  I might lose my sanity a bit, but getting both of them finished simultaneously would be worth it.