Thursday, September 18, 2014

Eldar Alaitoc Storm Guardians

I finished the majority of my Storm Guardians a few days back.  I decided it was time to work on some basing.  Unfortunately, I hadn't done much base work in some time, so there was a considerable backlog.  I ended up having to flock around 40 models.  I am working my way through them, but I decided to finish up these 10 guys to get them ready for the camera.

I already posted a few of them, but here's the full squad in all of their glory.  They are done up in my standard Alaitoc scheme.

Here we have grenade girl.  She was created using a Defender Guardian cradle arm with a snipped off grenade from a Dire Avenger kit.  Created out of necessity, I think the model works though. 

I love the pose of this guy.  I have dubbed him the top dog of this Storm group.  The fancy Dire Avenger pistol with the strait up chainsword says a lot. 

 Side-leaner here is just too cool for school.  I feel that she has been on the path of service for sometime and just needs to kick some ass, but not enough to go the path of Khaine. She also has issues with baby daddys and her douche boss at the cafeteria.
 I call this guy "1v1 U bro".  He's just a bit too cocky for his own good.  Always the first casualty.
 This guy is just plain lost.  There was a mix up in his paperwork.  He's supposed to be trying a shuttle bus, but accidently ended up with a catapult and power sword.  Somehow he'll always live though.
 Fusion Gun #1 is his name and he actually thinks that the #1 means he's in charge.  He isn't.
 Another necessity build here.  It doesn't show it, but his left arm is a Dire Avenger exarch force shield.  Much like grenade guy.  Karate chop here ends up looking pretty cool.
Fusion Gun #2 is constantly reminding people that he's only number 2 because the other guy's last name just happens to come before his.  He's not quite sure why he's got a chainsword.
 This guy is just too damn eager.  His squad mates call him beaver and he has no idea why.  He's just happy he's got a nickname.
Double pistol is just a bad ass.  He has no idea who John Woo is, but that doesn't matter.  He's ex Dark Eldar, I'm not sure how that gets him access to a Rogue Trader era Eldar Las Pistol though.  I had some other options for that arm, but just had to use the pistol.  Rogue Trader was probably the last time this unit option was viable.

No comments:

Post a Comment